Monday, August 28, 2006

challenge #5 and #6


Day 5:**Color exercise: Experiment with color...the feelings each color evokes.You can do whatever you want...just explore color!

okay so i love exploring color! so i went through some old magazines and picked out some color combinations that i want to try. i put them in my idea binder. then i did a layout with some paper that i wouldn't normaly pick. the color combination is different for me.

i don't have my scanner set up so i had to take a picture of this. sorry the colors look much better in real life! this is a picture of my mom and dad i was lucky to get this past easter.

Day 6.**10 Minute exercise: (throw all caution to the wind; don’t over analyze; let yourself be free & just create art. After 10 min. stop. & be happy with what you’ve created. You may want to try this a few times to get yourself loose & free)
I know. I know. I've heard it before, 'But, I'm a slow scrapper.' That's the point.Not about getting faster, but about trying something different. Trying something that you don't normally do.Pushing yourself....(not to the point that you don't enjoy it, but to the point that you just GO!)
When I say 'throw all caution to the wind', I mean it. You may or may not want to post this one...it's ok.Just take 10 min. today (which is good, because it's usually family day, huh?) and create. Just create.

okay so this one was really hard for me since it takes me more than 10 min. to actually pick out the paper i want to use. that's part of the reason i went with the heidi swapp tapes! also this layout is actually a 9x9. that made it easier for me to complete the challenge. i think it actually took me like 12 min. hey whatever that's a new record for me!

okay todays challenge is about journaling. i've got the journaling part done. now i just need to do the layout. i'll try and post it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger sherry said...

I'm very impressed with your challenges you are doing a really great job. Loved the time one, ok actually I love them all. Can't wait to see your next challenge layout
Sherry

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 7:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home